EducationBachelor of Science in Marine Biology from Brown University in 2012.
Currently working on a PhD in Marine and Atmospheric Science at Stony Brook University since 2013.
ExperienceI have engaged in many tutoring/educational activities for students including:
1. Elemenentary and Middle School Math Tutor for BearPaw Tutors (all levels), was also promoted to coordinator for a group of tutors at local elementary schools in Providence, RI
2. Advanced middle school math private instructor at The Wheeler School as well as advanced elementary school math private teacher
3. Coordinated lunch period math club program for elementary students
4. High School Science tutor (various subjects) for Brown Science Prep
5. Taught elementary and middle school hula hooping courses at the Wheeler School
6. Designed and taught a mini lab course for undergraduates in the Women in Science and Engineering Program at Stony Brook University
7. Swimming instructor and lifeguard through high school and the beginning of college.
8. Middle School Lacrosse coach at the Wheeler School.
I have taken AP Biology, French, Chemistry, Physics C, Calculus AB, Environmental Science, and English (1 &2)
SAT, ACT, and GRE scores available upon request
I am currently working in a fisheries and climate change laboratory at the School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. I have taken many advanced biology and oceanography courses as well as several advanced statistics and modelling courses.
HobbiesI am a lab and field researcher, working with Blue Crabs at Stony Brook University. I spend a good amount of time in the field on boats in the bay as well as in the lab. I have very good knowledge of the marine fauna here on Long Island.
I am an avid scuba diver, although it has been a few years since my last dive. I also hula hoop as a hobby, which I can also provide instruction in; it is a very fun way to stay active and in shape.
I am a native Spanish speaker and am also fluent in French. I can work with ESL students. because I was one as a child (actually English as a third language) As far as sports go, I play lacrosse and soccer. I also used to play the cello, so I am well versed in music theory.
In my spare time, I like to travel. I have a goal of visiting all 50 states, although I'm still pretty far off. I love seeking new adventurous hikes with my dog.
Physics, Intermediate Algebra, General Biology, French 4, French 3, French 2, French 1, French 1, French, Evolutionary Biology, Evolution, Elementary Math, Elementary Algebra, Ecology, Earth Science, Biology, AP French, Intermediate Algebra, Kindergarten - 8th Grade, Languages, Test Prep, Zoology, Statistics, Spanish, Science, Science, Pre-Calculus, Pre-Algebra, Physical Science, Molecular Biology, Middle School Math, Middle School, Math, Math, Marine Biology, Life Sciences, AP Biology, Algebra 3/4, 5th Grade math, 5th Grade, 4th Grade Writing, 4th Grade Science, 4th Grade Reading, 4th Grade math, 4th Grade, 3rd Grade Writing, 3rd Grade Science, 3rd Grade math, 3rd Grade, 2nd Grade Writing, 2nd Grade Reading, 2nd Grade math, 2nd Grade, Study Skills, 5th Grade Reading, 5th Grade Science, 5th Grade Writing, Algebra 2, Algebra 1, 9th Grade math, 8th Grade Science, 8th Grade Reading, 8th Grade math, 8th Grade, 7th Grade Science, 7th Grade Reading, 7th Grade math, 7th Grade, 6th Grade Writing, 6th Grade Science, 6th Grade Reading, 6th Grade math, 6th Grade, Summer Tutoring
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.